Thursday, January 23, 2014

Smog vs Vog...on a Blog

Ugh! Don't you just hate being sick? I've got a massive headache, a sore throat, dry eyes, and a runny nose. You know, the usual symptoms. But, being stuck at home - in these four walls - is more painful than all of that combined. I never used to be sick for this long; granted its only been three days. Maybe that's the usual time frame for people who've been born and raised in the mainland, but for me, its definitely UNusual.

You know, back at home, I had to deal with the Vog - volcanic air pollution. When it got really bad, my asthma would act up. Here, it's MUCH worse. I have to deal with the Smog. And it brings more than just asthma problems (see the above list). Next time I decide to move somewhere, I'm going to make sure I'm not trapped by mountains. Here in Utah they call it "inversion". Apparently, in order to clear the air, we have to wait for a good gust of wind to blow it up and out of the valley. It's kinda gross, actually. Stuck in bed...actually, stuck on the couch...I'm kinda glad I had an excuse to stay home from work. I am in need of a serious vacation. No, not from work...from "Life". Its good to be busy when you're busy doing something you love, but everything I've been busying myself with is not really something I'd prefer doing (did that make any sense?!). I'm working on that issue....

Anywho - I'm going crazy being this sick, for this long. If I had to choose, I'd prefer the vog over the smog any day. At least it would come and go quickly. You all may think I'm being over dramatic about a mere 3-day sicknes, but like I said before, this is highly UNusual. Gotta get rid of this smog...and soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment